- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup mixed vegetables such as peas, carrots, etc. (optional)
- 1/4 cup high-heat oil
Mix together all ingredients, except oil, in a bowl to make a batter of crêpe consistency.
Coat a cast-iron griddle or a heavy-bottomed sauté pan with oil and place over medium-high heat.
Measure out 1/4 cup batter and pour evenly across the pan. Cover with a lid and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip crêpe over and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve crêpe with cilantro-mint chutney, mango chutney or ketchup.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member