- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Flour, for rolling
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Stir in cumin, paprika, eggs, olives, parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Gently roll out each biscuit to a 5- to 6-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each circle and fold in half, like a turnover. Crimp edges together with a fork. Brush tops with egg wash and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake on the middle rack until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.