- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated or crumbled cheese
Combine tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl; let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Toss with hot pasta, herbs and cheese.
Ways to mix it up:
- Toss in sliced olives, rinsed capers or chopped roasted bell peppers
- Add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Stir in walnuts or minced anchovy fillets
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member