- 2 tablespoons butter, plus additional for dishes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 1/2 ounces soft-ripened cheese (such as Camembert), cubed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450° F. Butter two oven-safe ramekins or gratin dishes.
Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add asparagus and garlic; cook until asparagus in bright green, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cream, cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide mushroom-asparagus mixture between prepared ramekins. Make 2 wells and crack eggs into them.
Bake until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your liking, 10 to 15 minutes (keep in mind, eggs will continue to cook a little after being removed from the oven). Serve immediately with bread.