- 1 pound heirloom or plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 slices day-old rustic bread, crusts removed and bread cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4 thin slices ham or prosciutto, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, bread, garlic, vinegar and oil. Puree until smooth and thick, adding a little bit of hot water if necessary to thin. Press soup through a fine sieve, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper; add additional vinegar, if needed. Cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with eggs, ham and parsley. Serve with crusty bread on the side.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member