- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups cooked barley
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup quartered dried figs
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
- Plain yogurt, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, cardamom and salt. Fold in barley, pecans, figs and berries. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Place the baking dish in a larger pan filled halfway up the sides with hot water. Bake until set, about 30 minutes.
Let cool for 30 minutes before serving, or chill overnight and serve cold. Dollop with yogurt to serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member