- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (see note)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 apple, chopped
Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, baking soda and pepper in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, butter, honey and eggs in a small bowl. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir to blend. Fold in additions. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Substitute all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour blend, if desired.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member