- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups Hachiya persimmon puree (from about 3 very ripe persimmons)
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg white
- 10 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine flours, sugars, baking powder and soda, fennel, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together persimmon puree, eggs, butter and yogurt. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in diced persimmons and pecans.
Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly in the pan, then transfer muffins to a rack to cool completely.