- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ripe mangos - peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Blanch or steam asparagus until al dente and still green. Refresh in cool water and set aside. (You may do this a day ahead.)
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-low heat and add garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Add asparagus, mango slices, capers, thyme leaves and lemon juice; stir to heat through. Season with a salt and pepper.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member