- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole artichokes, cooked and hearts removed and sliced (see Steamed or Boiled Artichokes)
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 preserved lemon, rind rinsed and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add a pinch of saffron. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let sit until liquid is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine couscous, artichoke hearts, tuna, spinach, tomatoes, preserved lemon rind, onions and parsley. Toss to combine with dressing. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving, to absorb flavors.
The artichoke hearts can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and kept in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the salad.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member