- 3 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a bowl, toss together apples, pomegranate arils, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and candied ginger. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
In a bowl, toss together oats, flour, sugar, ground ginger and cinnamon. Mix in butter, with your hands or a pastry blender, until crumbly (there should be some pea-sized pieces remaining).
Spread oat topping over fruit mixture and bake until golden brown and fruit is tender and bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes.