- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup white spelt flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil (such as sunflower or safflower)
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line or spray muffin tins.
For streusel topping, combine 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Add butter and pinch the mixture together until it forms pea-size clumps. Set aside.
Toss blueberries in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; set aside.
In a bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, spelt flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together 1 cup granulated sugar, eggs and oil. Beat in half-and-half, vanilla and lemon zest. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat together until smooth.
Fill prepared muffin tins half way full. Divide blueberries evenly on top, then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle streusel on top of each muffin.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before serving.
Feel free to use all all-purpose flour, if you do not have spelt flour on hand.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member