- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 potatoes - boiled, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds. Let splutter (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Add tomatoes or tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Add turmeric and potatoes; mix well. Add salt, coriander and cayenne pepper.
Add water, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member