- 1/4 cup high-heat oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
Heat oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and cook for 30 seconds until they sizzle and puff. Add ginger and turmeric and cook for 30 more seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Add beans, coriander, salt and cayenne or paprika. Stir well, then add water and cover the pan.
Cook over medium-low heat for another 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through. Add lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro and serve.