- Yellow/Gold: Boil 3 tablespoons cumin or turmeric
- Yellow: Steep 2 to 3 green tea or chamomile tea bags in hot water
- Orange: Boil paprika
- Red: Boil red onion skins
- Lavender: Steep hibiscus tea bags in hot water
- Blue: Boil 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- Rusty brown: Boil chili powder
- Brown: Boil old coffee grounds or use old coffee as a dye
- Light Brown: Boil dill seeds
Simply add ingredient to boiling water and cook until you get the color you’re after. It’s important to note the eggs will be a lighter color than what’s in the pot. This isn’t an exact science, so add more ingredients or more water as you see fit.
Strain the ingredient (if necessary) and add 1 tablespoon vinegar to the dye. Allow the dye to cool a bit before dyeing the eggs. The longer you soak the eggs, the darker the color. Experiment and have fun!
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member