- 1 (4- to 5-ounce) package PCC Alehouse Pepper Smoked Salmon
- 1 pound fresh linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chèvre cheese, for garnish
Remove the skin from salmon and break the fillet into bite-sized pieces, removing any pin bones. Set aside.
Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
Place the empty pot back on the stove over medium heat; pour in oil. Add leeks and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until leeks are soft. Toss in basil, spinach, olives and red peppers. Add crème fraîche, if you like a creamier sauce, and stir very gently just to heat through. Fold in smoked salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
Place pasta in a heated serving dish and spoon the sauce over. Garnish with chèvre and whole basil leaves.
You can use any of the PCC smoked salmon varieties in this dish.