New PCC Web design
by Karen Gaudette
This article was originally published in March 2010
(March 2010) — We hope you come visit our redesigned, reengineered and recharged Web site. Thanks to our virtual spring cleaning, it’s now easier to find delicious recipes, co-op events, food news and a wealth of helpful new features.
Easy to navigate
We condensed our content into four main categories:
- Shop — information on our products, quality standards and stores
- Cook — PCC Cooks, recipes, kitchen basics and cooking videos
- Learn — producer profiles; issues, education and advocacy; and our PCC Green program
- Participate — Kid Picks, PCC Farmland Trust, wine tastings, and community events
- Join Us — all about our co-op and membership benefits
Visit our site map at the very bottom of the home page for an overview of the site at a glance. Or, give our search function a whirl (in upper right corner).
We’ve added keywords to much of our content — stories, videos, recipes and more — to deliver related, relevant information as you browse. At the bottom of each page, click on keywords that interest you to learn even more, from agave to zucchini.
Join the conversation
Rate or comment upon a recipe. Share your questions, answers and opinions with your PCC community on our Facebook page, Twitter and Pinterest.
Learn and have fun
Explore our video and podcast libraries. Find inspiration in our expanded recipe database (and store favorites in your virtual recipe box). Browse our bulk, PCC Kid Picks and gluten-free databases, plus our online weekly specials ad, and add your finds to your virtual shopping list. Sign up for a PCC Cooks class and review the latest issue of the Sound Consumer.