- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-inch strip of kombu seaweed, soaked in water, drained and chopped
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach or parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached.
For a lower fat version, save 1/4 cup liquid from the beans and use it to replace the olive oil in the recipe.