- 10 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 7 pounds)
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or other large-grain sea salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (dill, basil and mint)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups fresh arugula leaves
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
In a large bowl combine melons and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and lightly toss to blend; let stand for 15 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar and herbs to melon mixture. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, if desired.
In a bowl toss arugula with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Divide arugula among plates. Top with melon salad; sprinkle with feta cheese and pistachios and serve.