- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups salad greens, or 1 head of green leaf lettuce plus 1 bunch of spinach
- 1/8 cup arame sea vegetable, soaked in 1 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Heat the oven to 325° F and toast the almonds on a cookie sheet for 7 to 10 minutes or until aromatic, then coarsely chop them.
Wash the salad greens and spin or pat dry. Drain the arame and add to the greens. Cut avocado into slices the long direction.
Combine all dressing ingredients with a whisk. Add the dressing to the greens and arame. Toss to combine. Gently fold in the avocado and garnish with the almonds.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member