- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning (available in our bulk section)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
Place carrots and radishes in a heat-proof bowl. Combine water, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring, and then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Pour pickling liquid over vegetables. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, Mexican seasoning, tamari, salt and pepper. Cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Place tempeh on tortillas; top with pickled carrots and radishes, spinach and avocado.