- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound chicken livers, patted dry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Mix cornstarch with enough water to create a slurry. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook until softened and slightly charred, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook for 2 minutes.
Add livers to the pan and cook until brown and crisp, but still a little pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes total. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Deglaze the pan with vinegar and stock, scraping up any brown bits. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir in cornstarch slurry. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.