- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cook potatoes boiling, salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Cook bacon in a heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the pot. Add green onions, corn, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and red pepper flakes to the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until green onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add milk and cream and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then add potatoes, bacon, salmon, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, until salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste. Discard bay leaf before serving. Garnish with green onions.