- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 a shallot, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, parsley or tarragon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 loosely packed cups of your favorite salad greens
- Small wedge of soft-ripened cheese of your choice
- Sea salt and pepper
Whisk together red wine vinegar, shallot, Dijon, and herbs. Add olive oil in a slow stream to emulsify.
Wash and spin-dry greens. Lightly dress and toss the greens with the vinaigrette.
Mound on a salad plate with a slice of cheese and a generous sprinkle of sea salt and fresh-ground pepper.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member