- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered and cooked until tender
- 1 pound green beans, steamed and cooled
- 2 small red onions, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound canned or cooked tuna chunks, chilled (see note)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chilled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Niçoise or black olives
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers
Whisk dressing ingredients together.
Arrange fresh salad greens as a base on a large, deep platter. Place cooked potatoes and green beans on top. Add remaining vegetables in several piles, varying colors and textures as you go.
Finish the platter by layering on tuna, eggs and olives. Sprinkle with capers and drizzle with dressing.
You may use other firm white fish such as halibut, or cooked and shredded chicken breast instead of tuna.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member