- Pinch of saffron
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 large beets, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 large parsnip, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 delicata squash, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Roasted Squash Seeds:
- Squash seeds, pulled apart from flesh and rinsed
- ½ to 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Sea salt
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Soak saffron in hot water for at least 20 minutes.
Combine vegetables, oil, saffron liquid, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour onto 2 baking sheets in single layer, and roast for about 30 minutes. Serve with roasted squash seeds.
Roasted Squash Seeds:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine seeds, oil and salt in small bowl. Pour onto a baking sheet and roast for 7 to 10 minutes.