- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely chopped
Bring broth and salt to a boil. Add polenta, stirring constantly, until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in oil and red pepper.
Spread mixture out evenly in a greased 9- by 11-inch baking sheet. Cool at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease two 9- by 13-inch glass pans. Cut polenta into 4 strips vertically and 3 horizontally, ending with 12 even squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Place separated triangles in pans and bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
These bite-size polenta triangles are a great base for a myriad of toppings. Here are some palate-pleasing ideas:
- Tomato and corn salsa with a dab of crème fraîche
- PCC Feta Sun-dried Tomato Spread
- PCC Smoked Mushroom Mousse
- Olive tapenade with crumbled goat cheese
- Herbed goat cheese (soften goat cheese and stir in minced, fresh herbs such as parsley, rosemary or chives)
- Caramelized onions and Gorgonzola
While this recipe traditionally calls for baking, try grilling the polenta for a tasty alternative that also keeps the kitchen cool on hot summer days. Brush the triangles on both sides with olive oil. Grill over medium heat about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member