- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into pieces no larger than 1-inch
- 1 bunch carrots, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup neutral oil such as avocado, sunflower or safflower
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon ground harissa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup dried Zante currants
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
Preheat oven to 475° F. While the oven is preheating, place a rimmed baking pan or half sheet pan into the oven with the pine nuts. Check the nuts every 5 minutes. When they are golden brown, transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Put the baking pan back into the oven.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, neutral oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss until the vegetables are well coated with the oil. Transfer vegetables to the preheated baking sheet, reduce oven temperature to 425° F, and roast for 15 minutes.
While the vegetables roast, wipe out the bowl used for the vegetable prep and add tahini, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, garlic, sumac, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and harissa powder. Whisk the mixture together until well combined. Drizzle in a little water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach a saucy consistency. Stir in the chickpeas, currants, half of the parsley, and the toasted pine nuts.
Stir the vegetables and roast about 5 minutes more, until tender and charred. Transfer roasted vegetables to the bowl with the tahini sauce and mix to combine. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve. This dish is also excellent served cold.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member