- 2 bunches rainbow chard leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded jicama
- 3 carrots, shredded (purple carrots, if you can find them)
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- ½ cup soy-free Vegenaise
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
In a large mixing bowl, mix the chard leaves, ¼ teaspoon salt and olive oil. Massage for a few minutes to tenderize the chard leaves. Once wilted, drain off any liquid at the bottom of the bowl. Add the jicama, carrots and apricots; mix together.
Combine the Vegenaise, water, lemon juice, honey, chili powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper and cilantro leaves in a liquid measuring cup. Use an immersion blender to make it creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Pour the dressing on the slaw and mix until combined. Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds.