- 1 pound apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted buckwheat kasha (available in PCC’s bulk section)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Toss apples and pears with lemon juice, zest and ginger. Spread evenly in the bottom of an ungreased 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
Coarsely chop kasha and almonds in the bowl of a food processor. Add flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Process until just combined. Add butter pieces and pulse until crumbly (there should be some pea-sized pieces remaining). Fold in honey.
Spread topping over fruit and bake until golden brown and the fruit is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.