- 1 pound peaches – peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 pound raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pats
- 1 egg
Combine peaches, raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar and vinegar in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fruit begins to soften and juices begin to thicken, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar in a bowl. Add butter and combine with a pastry cutter or your fingers until well blended. Stir in egg until well mixed.
Dollop fruit mixture with batter. Cover the skillet tightly with a lid or foil and cook, undisturbed, until dumplings are cooked through and their tops no longer sticky, 20 to 25 minutes.