- 10 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Line an 8-inch square glass baking dish with parchment paper.
Combine dates, almond flour, almond butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut, 2 tablespoons honey and cardamom in a food processor. Process until a sticky “dough” is formed. Press dough evenly into prepared baking dish.
Add banana, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, remaining honey and a pinch of salt to the food processor and blend until smooth. Pour mixture on top of date “dough” and spread evenly over the entire surface. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Freeze until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares; store in the freezer.