- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets and stalks peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
In a large sauté pan with a lid, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic and broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Pour in water, cover with a lid, and cook broccoli until it is bright green and just becoming tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add peas, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is fork tender and peas are warm, 3 to 5 additional minutes. Toss gently with remaining butter, lemon zest, juice and fresh mint. Serve immediately.