- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup high-heat oil
- 1 large taro root, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 6 firm green bananas or ripe plantains, peeled and diced
- 1 cassava root or red yam, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Sauté garlic and onions in oil over high heat until soft. Add taro root, tomatoes, jalapeño, bananas, and cassava or yams. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
Add curry powder, salt, coconut milk and water. Simmer for another 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add cilantro and turn off the heat.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member