- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut (some reserved for garnish)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Lettuce cups or rice crackers
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to pan and sauté until brown on all sides, sprinkling with sea salt. Remove and place on a paper towel.
In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast coconut until lightly brown. In a large bowl, add mango, herbs, peanuts, toasted coconut, cucumbers, lime zest and juice and sweet chili sauce. Toss tofu into bowl and mix everything together well.
Taste and add salt if needed. Serve with lettuce cups or rice crackers.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member