- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon finely crushed black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cumin
Add the salt, pepper, curry powder and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the boiling water. Spread couscous in a thin, even layer in the bottom of a large saucepan. Add the water and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Wait until all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork until there are no lumps.
Add the cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apricots, bell pepper, pine nuts, onions, cilantro, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Mix gently so the fresh berries do not get mushy. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over the salad and sprinkle with cumin before serving.
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to a week. This recipe can be changed by adding your favorite berries and other ingredients.