- Serves: 6
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Corn-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 1/3 pound green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or any other small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add green beans and cook 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely chilled. Pat dry.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine green beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, onions, tomatoes, olives, dill and parsley. Add dressing and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature. Top with crumbled feta before serving.
This salad can be made several hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving. The green beans and tomatoes should be put in the salad at this point, as they will discolor if left in the lemon dressing for a longer period. Stir and then top with crumbled feta.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member