- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented, 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups bitter greens, such as radicchio, chard, kale or frisee, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into ½-inch half-moons
- Freshly chopped parsley
Prepare the vinaigrette: whisk together grapefruit juice and vinegar. Slowly drizzle ½ cup oil into the bowl while whisking to combine. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, salt, pepper and white wine. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the shrimp turn bright pink and curl into a “C” shape, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Toss the greens with ½ the vinaigrette; top with the avocado slices, grapefruit segments and shrimp. Pour remaining vinaigrette over the top and sprinkle with parsley; serve.