- ¼ cup freshly grated turmeric or 4 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ cup freshly grated ginger
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- Sparkling water, to top off glass
Blend the turmeric and ginger with the water. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let it infuse, covered, for 10 minutes.
Strain the pulp from the water, pressing on it to squeeze out any residual liquid; discard the pulp. Stir in the honey and salt. Store the tonic in the refrigerator until you’re ready to drink it.
Before drinking, mix in the lime juice and tamarind; top each glass with sparkling water. It’s delicious at room temperature or chilled.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member