- 1 English cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as Italian parsley, mint, cilantro, basil, oregano or chives
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let soup chill for a few hours before serving to develop the flavors.
For a smoother texture, chop vegetables in a food processor, then add cumin, tomato juice, salt and pepper. Serve chilled.