This Herb-Crusted Black Cod calls for fresh chives and parsley, breadcrumbs and a hint of truffle salt to give it a crispy coating.
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for pan
- 1 pound black cod
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt (use a little truffle oil, if salt is unavailable)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400° F. While it is heating, mix together the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chives, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
Brush a baking pan with oil or line with parchment paper. Cut the cod into 4 portions and dust the top of each piece with the olive oil and tamari. Lightly coat each piece of fish with the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking pan, with the crumb side up.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until done: the inside will be white and the flesh moist and flaky with clear running juices. Before serving, garnish each piece with truffle salt, smoked paprika, remaining chives and a lemon wedge.
For a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.