- 8 bone-in lamb rib or loin chops, 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mixed cured pitted black and green olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, for serving
Brush chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper; let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, combine olives, garlic, capers and anchovy in a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped (or chop by hand). Add parsley, thyme, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons oil; pulse until tapenade is a coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill chops until browned outside and medium-rare within, 5 to 6 minutes per side for rib chops or 6 to 8 minutes per side for loin chops. Serve two chops per person, topped with a spoon of tapenade and a dollop of yogurt.