- 1/4 cup olive or walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange or satsuma juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Enough greens to make six servings
- 2 satsumas, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Rinse salad greens and pat dry between paper towels. When ready to serve, put them in the bowl with dressing. Add satsuma sections and onion. Toss gently to coat with dressing. Sprinkle pecans on top. Season with fresh ground pepper and serve.