- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil or butter a 9-inch spring-form baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in ricotta, almonds, vanilla, orange juice and zest. In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal with baking powder and salt, then fold into batter.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and firm. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.