- Serves: 10
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free
- Each serving
- 230 cal
- 15g fat (6g sat)
- 60mg chol
- 130mg sodium
- 19g carb
- 3g fiber
- 5g protein
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil or butter a 9-inch spring-form baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in ricotta, almonds, vanilla, orange juice and zest. In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal with baking powder and salt, then fold into batter.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and firm. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member