- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- 1/2 cup nut butter, hazelnut-chocolate spread or yogurt
- 1/2 cup topping of choice (see note)
Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper.
Carefully insert a Popsicle stick into each banana half. Use a butter knife to cover banana with nut butter, spread or yogurt.
Place toppings in a shallow bowl or plate. Roll banana in toppings, using your hands, if necessary, to make sure the banana gets well-coated. Place coated banana on the parchment paper; repeat with remaining bananas.
Freeze for 3 hours. Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed bag in the freezer for one week.
Some of our favorite toppings include:
- Granola or cereal (You’ll find a wide selection of granola in our bulk department, including options that are kid-tested and –approved through our PCC Kids Picks program.)
- Crushed nuts or pretzels
- Shredded coconut or other dried fruit (such as raisins and cranberries)
- Sunflower or sesame seeds