- Spray oil, for pan
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten until pale and fluffy
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 ripe pears – halved, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Spray a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; spray paper.
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and cinnamon. Add eggs and whisk well. Whisk in cocoa powder until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and fan pear slices on top. Bake until top has formed a thin crust, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes then transfer to a serving plate.