Get a good serving of greens with this refreshing take on a popular middle eastern salad.
- 2 cups arugula or purslane, or a combination of both
- 1 head romaine, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large cucumber, cut lengthwise in half and sliced into half moons
- 2 to 4 small radishes, cut into thin discs on a mandoline or v-slicer
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped curly parsley (about 1 bunch)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sumac
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 to 3 white or whole wheat pitas
- Oil, for grilling pita
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sumac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Split pita in two, brush with oil and grill or bake until crispy. Cut into strips and toss together the salad ingredients.
Mix the dressing together (it’s okay if it separates) and dress the salad to taste.