- 1 cup stout beer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces 42% cacao dark chocolate chips (available in bulk), divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
To make the Cake:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
In a saucepan, bring stout and butter to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon instant coffee until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Combine flour, sugars, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt and vanilla until smooth. Beat stout mixture into egg mixture just until combined. Add flour mixture in thirds, stirring until just combined. Fold in 4 ounces chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake for 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cake rack to cool completely.
To make the Ganache:
Combine remaining 1 teaspoon instant coffee, 6 ounces chocolate chips and cream over a double-boiler.
Stir over medium heat until smooth. Pour ganache over cooled cake.