- 1/3 pound green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or any other small white beans)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a pan of water to boil, add the green beans and cook 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water until completely chilled. Pat dry.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Combine the green beans, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, dill and parsley in a bowl. Add the dressing and let marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
Top with the feta cheese before serving.
This salad can be made several hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator — just wait to add the green beans and tomatoes. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving and then add the green beans and tomatoes (they will discolor if left in the lemon dressing for a longer period). Stir and then top with the feta cheese.