- 6 ounces butter
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces anchovies, finely chopped and mashed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the olive oil, garlic and anchovies and heat gently. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and transfer the mixture to a fondue pot or chafing dish and serve warm with vegetables for dipping.
A few suggested vegetables: fennel bulb, artichokes, red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, celery, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, small whole mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, Belgian endive.